Not Your Grandmother's Brussels Sprouts


I think I have fallen in love with Brussels Sprouts. Go figure!  I mean living almost 46 years without them in my life and dang it I wish my kids liked them so I could make them more often.  Don't know how many of you are on Facebook, but for those of you who are then you know what I mean when I tell you about the recipes on Facebook.  Daily my Facebook feed gets bombarded with tutorials on how to make something whether it be a food or some kind of craft. When the recipe for these Brussel Sprouts came across my screen I thought I have to make these as they look so good. The thing is you just never know with those recipes, but this one turned out fantastic.  I also added my own twist to the recipe by adding bacon. This dish would be a great addition to ones New Years Eve dinner.

Cheesy Bacon Brussels Sprouts

salt and pepper
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
24 Brussels sprouts
1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
5 strips of cooked bacon chopped
olive oil

In a pot of boiling salted water cook Brussels sprouts for 10 minutes and drain.  Spread Brussels sprouts on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.  Then drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper then add cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 10 minutes until cheese is melted.  Then sprinkle on chopped bacon.  Enjoy!  I paired this with a nice pork tenderloin and sauteed carrots.  So so yummy!



Comments

I have been known to make a grocery stop for brussels sprouts the way others might stop for ice cream.
Marti said…
I have never eaten a brussels sprout, but that is one of my resolutions this year. I keep reading how healthy they are. And really, how can it not be with cheese and bacon?
Minoru Saito said…
Hi! Your dish looks very delicious. Thanks for sharung
Jeanie said…
I'm keeping this one! I hated Brussels Sprouts as a kid and only as an adult, when I learned about roasting, balsamic, herbs and such, have I loved them. But with bacon and cheese? Oh, my! Heaven!

Popular Posts