1 Year

One year ago in Zhengzhou, China with a group of 9 other families, who were there to meet their children for the very time, our lives were forever changed for the good when I met our daughter Ivy. This post could not nearly contain all the emotions and gratitude for that day.  She truly is an amazing gift from God.  People say to us all the time that she is so blessed to have us as her parents, but I would say it is the other way around.  We are truly blessed to have her as our daughter.  She has given us way more than we will ever be able to give to her, and on the same note we recognize that this comes at a sacrifice for this little one.  She has lost so much.  She has lost her culture, her language, and the opportunity to know her birth family.  While we may never know who they are, I hope that somehow they know that she is loved beyond measure and that we are grateful to them as they choose to give her life.  I can't imagine it was easy for them to make that decision, and with that said today we are celebrating our 1 year forever family day!  It seems crazy to believe it has been a year since she joined our family and we can't imagine our lives without her.  She is sweet and sassy and incredibly intelligent.  We love you Miss Ivy!  Thank you for coming to our family!


Comments

Di said…
Gosh - a year already! So glad that she is leith her forever family!
Unknown said…
OmG!!!! This is absolutely the best thing I have read in quite some timel!!!!! I can´t believe it´s more than a year since I visited your blog and now I stop by and I see this little miracle, this sweet little girl who looks so much like my youngest little girl (even though she is not Chinese) I can´t even describe the joy you have just brought to my day!
Congrats to you and your family!!!! Oh how joyful!
XOXO
Carolina
Reema said…
This is wonderful post, Amazing write up... Thank you so much for sharing it.

Same Day Agra Tour
Same Day Agra Tour By Car

Molly said…
Aww that is such a happy story

Mollyx
Klara S said…
Thank you for sharing this wonderful story. I wish you and your family all the best. God bless you.
Anita Johnson said…
This was just wonderful to read! Thank you!

Popular Posts