Day 1 In Toledo Spain

After an uneventful flight and a short bus ride to the train station, I took the train to Toledo.  The journey to Toledo by train is less than 45 minutes.  A quick taxi ride took me to my hotel where I quickly unpacked and freshened up so I  could hit the sights.  Traveling over the years has taught me that if you want to beat jet lag you don't go to sleep when you get to your destination if it is daytime because you will always feel the effects of jet lag, so with a city map in hand off I went to see the city.  First stop gelato followed by a visit to the Cathedral which was built in the 13th century and in the Gothic style it is considered to be one of the best of it's style in the world. It is definitely worth the visit.  Afterward visiting the cathedral, I spent the afternoon wandering the city streets and checking out the stores. While this city does have a McDonald's what I love about this city is that truly is unique because you won't find chain department store or restaurants which I sadly have to say is becoming less and less common as I travel around the world.  My day ended with a rainstorm that swept into the city which was fine by me as I was truly tired by this time and reading to get some sleep.














Comments

Anonymous said…
You dealt with your jetlag the right way! I always have it it going to Europe, but not when coming back to the USA, while hubby has the opposite! This cathedral is amazing! Love especially the background of the altar - sooo much to see!
Many thanks for sharing your Toledo experience with SEASONS! Serendipitous -my son just left Barcelona this weekend after a 5 month internship, back to Holland! I'm sure he'll miss the nice weather!
Have a lovely week, Kelleyn:)
Ohmydearests said…
the details you captured are gorgeous! it looks like a wonderful place to visit!
Looks like an impressive church!
Unknown said…
this church is full with art and this place is looking awesome. specially painting and design of church. it is awesome. all photos you captured that is beauty of this place.
Golden TriangleTour 4 Days
eileeninmd said…
Hello, what a beautiful church. Gorgeous details. Your photos are lovely, great post. Thanks for sharing your visit. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week ahead!
Unknown said…
Amazing photos you shared of spain. these are looking so good.
Same Day Agra Tour By Car
grandindiatour said…
So stunning photos you captured of that beautiful place. that is real beauty of spain. Taj Mahal Tour By Car
Unknown said…
wow that palace is looking so grand. its design and architecture both are looking so attractive. You shared amazing photos of that beautiful place.
Best Flight Deals

Popular Posts