Berchtesgarden and a visit with old friends

On Saturday, we rose early and boarded a tour bus for Berchtesgard and the Salt Mines; however, I have no photos of the salt mine because I can't transfer them from there phone to the computer at the moment.  The ride to the salt mines was 45 minutes away.  We crossed back over the German border and headed up the moment.  After visiting the salt mines we enjoyed a lovely lunch the Golden Bear of Weisswurst, a light brown gravy and potato salad with cucumbers.  It was lovely.  Well worth the visit.  We didn't have a chance to go to the Eagle's nest, but the view of the mountains was well worth the trip.  Then it was time to head back to Salzburg where we picked up our car from the hotel and head to my friend Kirsten's house for cake.  I haven't seen Kirsten in12 years since she moved back to Germany from Michigan and now lives east of Salzburg.  It was such a lovely visit.  I hope it won't be another 12 years before I see her again.



 The home of Eva Brown




My friend and her family




Comments

EricaSta said…
Welcome here... I enjoyed this Post, reading you like Bavaria!

Popular Posts