Scenes from Hampton Beach













When the sun shines in New England the residents are out in full force and they don't take for granted the gift that has been given to them.  We have been beyond blessed this trip with amazing weather. As we arrived home from the beach today the thermometer said 91 degrees.  Now 91 degrees does not mean the water is by any means warm.  You have to be tough to endure the frigid temperatures of the water or a child.  The children haven't seemed to mind how cold the water is and as my cousin's wife says you just have to dive in because once you get over the initial shock you are OK!  Well, I am not that brave and totally afraid I just might have a heart attack in the process. So only my toes go in, but as I said the children don't seem to care. Going to the beach isn't without beach food and we have had our share of that too.  Fried clams were on the menu though not my favorite.  I am a lobster girl.  The days are over for dirt cheap lobster, but a trip to the Northeast isn't complete without its share of seafood.  I still haven't had my lobster roll, so look out for that in the future blog post, and what trip to the beach isn't complete without ice cream.  Be warned the kiddie ice creams are the size of a softball and I am not kidding.  Just a few minutes north of Hampton Beach is the Beach Plum, and don't be put off by the line it just means that the ice cream is good. So thick and creamy and probably more choice to choose from than Baskin Robbins.


Comments

Rhonda Albom said…
Looks like a really fun day out at the beach. Lots of smiles. Why is it that kids don't mind the cold.
eileeninmd said…

What a wonderful day at the beach, pretty weather and yummy food. The little ones love the sand and water. Great shots, enjoy your week!
NCSue said…
This looks like a wonderful day!
Thanks for sharing your shots at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/07/bug-eyes.html
Francesca said…
so many people! I've had lobster once only in my life.

Popular Posts