Where to eat in Portland

Remember I told you Portland has some amazing restaurants.  I am not kidding! You won't go hungry in this city. You know I love dessert, so let's begin there.  Papa Haydn has the most amazing desserts. Everything from chocolate to lemon.  You don't want to miss this restaurant.  They have two locations, but I love the 23rd street location.  They know how to fill one's belly.  



  


One can't live off of dessert alone, so my next favorite is a restaurant located in the suburbs just
minutes from downtown called Swagat.  If you love Indian you will not be disappointed.  I can't get enough of the Chicken Makhani, and one can't forget to have some naan and samosas.  Frank likes the Chicken Curry and Mango Lassi's


Noble Rot was a new restaurant for me!  The food was fantastic and many of their garden items are grown on-site.  The views of the city are fantastic too!  I had the fettuccine with pork shoulder.  The fettuccine was so delicate the noodles practically melted in your mouth Other favorites that I like to go to, but didn't have time to visit this trip are Voodoo Donuts where picking just one donut is hard to do!  Don't be surprised by the line!  Worth waiting in if you like donuts. Chez Jose their salsa is not your typical salsa; however, so yummy. I love the Chimichangas.  Chart House also offers stunning views of the city and the steaks are fantastic!  The brown bread is amazing too! Wanting something less fancy and can't be bothered with a sit-down dinner well than Portland is your city too as they have many great food trucks  Mama Chow's has great Chinese and I am sure you can't go wrong with any of the others.  Here is how you can find them. Before I finish though I have to share with you one last favorite, a restaurant called Mother's Bistro. Frank and I ate breakfast there before heading home.  I doubt you could go wrong with anything you choose off the menu, but I had the french toast covered in cornflakes. I wish I could hop on a plane right now for some. Frank had the stuffed frittata. He loved it and said it filled him up for the whole day.  He also loved their orange juice.




Really I don''t think you can go wrong in Portland.  The city offers a wide varitey of foods from all over the world made to the highest quality using fresh ingredients.  It really is something Portland prides itself on and therefore as a traveler visiting the city you can only reap the rewards.  I hope if you visit Portland you will find this to be the case too.  Enjoy!

Comments

Shauna said…
It all looks fantastic and I really want to visit Portland sometime in the future for sure. Glad you had a great time. Love,
Shauna xo
Oh this is so helpful! I am planning a trip soon and am definitely adding these good eats to my list!

Great post,

www.madeforelise.com

Popular Posts