Keeping Warm "Corner View"



This morning we woke to an inch of snow which may not sound a lot, but for the south, it is enough to cancel school.  The children missed two days last week due to frozen rain.  Really the streets were fine, but due to a situation last year where children were stranded for 8 hours on school buses the school districts are being overly careful this year.  Staying warm hasn't been an easy task.  I will be happy when the warmer weather arrives.  It hasn't helped that I have been sick for the last week with a cold though you wouldn't know it from looking at the baptism photos.  I got up that day despite being sick went to the hairdressers and put on a smile.  That is what mothers do though and I was happy to do so.  He is still smiling from ear to ear!  The only good thing out of being at home so much is that I have been watching Foyle's War a British TV series.  It is fabulous!  The series begins in 1939 as England is entering the war against Germany.  I adore Honeysuckle Weeks, who plays Samantha (Sam) hair!  Thankfully, each season only has a couple of episodes, so it is easy to watch all 8 seasons and I am waiting for them to release season 9 here in America.  I also was able to complete printing off one year of my blog into a book format.  I use Blurb!  It is great because it literally loads up all the content from your blog.  I like that you can also move text and pictures into a layout you like and are not stuck to the simple layouts of one's blog.  It should arrive any day now!  I have done this in the past and like having our blog in print. Oh, if you are wondering about this adorable hat I did not make it.  My mother did!  She is amazing at knitting, crocheting, and sewing.  I didn't get that gene!  I hope you are keeping warm in your corner of the world.  See you soon!


Comments

Francesca said…
adorable hat! i'm sure you've got the gene, just it hasn't struck a sparkle for you - yet :)
Tera said…
Wonderful hat! Okay now looking up this series, it might fit my craving for a new British series to follow.
simply bev said…
Oh my...that's an adorable hat!
Unknown said…
AAAw she looks adorable in that hat! Love the idea of printing out your blog in book form... I am going to take a look into that! Great hearing from you again!
Anonymous said…
Oh my so chilly. The animal cowl is so cute. Beautiful photos.
Menthe Blanche said…
I love this hat so much!!!!!!

Popular Posts