November

How silently they tumble down
And come to rest upon the ground
To lay a carpet, rich and rare,
Beneath the trees without a care,
Content to sleep, their work well done,
Colors gleaming in the sun.

At other times, they wildly fly
Until they nearly reach the sky.
Twisting, turning through the air
Till all the trees stand stark and bare.
Exhausted, drop to earth below
To wait, like children, for the snow."
- Elsie N. Brady, Leaves

To see more Tuesdays around the globe head over to communal global. To get the recipe for this amazing Apple Bundt cake that I made today head over to Lisa at Long Road to China. This cake was fantastic and so simple to make.

Comments

Francesca said…
Hope November will bring (more) happiness to you.
Follygirl said…
I like the poem very much! Thank you for that.
Liebe Grüße aus Deutschland, Petra
Maddy said…
This looks so yummy! And I'll have to check out Lisa's blog! I ♥ her, but it's been a few days since I've checked on her and baby Raegan :)
Elisa said…
I will have to check out the recipe. it looks delicious!!

Popular Posts