The Weekend!


Yeah, it is Friday! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about this. Besides taking the boys to German school tomorrow, we are going to do absolutely nothing. You heard me right. I am not picking apples, going to pumpkin patches, travel anywhere, or buy anything. I don't even think I will get out of my sweats the whole weekend except for church. Maybe, we will even make this breakfast casserole. I made one a couple of weekends ago. It was so yummy. What is not to love about breakfast. Do you ever do breakfast for dinner? We call it a crazy night around here. Well in accordance with doing nothing. I am getting off the computer.

Breakfast Casserole
1 12 oz bag of shredded hash browns
4 Tablespoons of butter
4 Italian sausages
salt and pepper to taste
veggies to taste
1 1/2 cups of cheddar cheese
1/2 onion
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
8 eggs
1 cup of full percent fat milk

Grease a 9 by 13 baking pan with cooking spray or cooking oil. Layer hash browns on the bottom of the dish and put the pieces of butter over the top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown at 350 degrees. In the meantime, in a saute pan, saute onions in olive oil and any other veggies you might like to add to this dish like bell peppers or mushrooms then remove from pan when they are cooked through. Remove sausage from the casing and break into bite size pieces and brown in pan. Once the hash browns are done layer the veggies and sausage over the top. In a bowl beat the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper together then pour over the top of the casserole. Spread cheese over the top and cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, remove the foil and cook for another 15 minutes. Bon appetite!

Comments

Dana said…
I completely understand the need to do absolutely nothing. Completely. Unfortunately, it's not happening this weekend!
Hope your nothing is fabulous!
D
Kelly said…
Recipe looks yummy. I want to have nothing to do this weekend either, but alas...
Francesca said…
I usually have dinner (leftovers) for breakfast, I like a savory breakfast, and your casserole would be just perfect for me. Hope your weekend of nothing was relaxing.
natsumi said…
Hope you had a great weekend! The Breakfast Casserole looks so delicious! Thank you for the recipe!!
Melly Mel said…
i have never thought of making this before. yum, thanks.
can't believe the boys are going to german school. so incredible!

Popular Posts