Oma's Tomato Soup

012


Nothing taste more like summer than tomato soup. In a medium sauce pan, add two tablespoons of olive oil with two chopped onions. Then add two cloves of diced garlic. Once the onions turn translucent, add 4-6 diced tomatoes. When these begin to break down you can transfer to a blender or a food processor to puree, however, if you like you can leave the mixture in sauce pan until it breaks down further. I like to transfer to blender. Add ingredients back to sauce pan while adding salt and pepper to taste along with a pinch of sugar. Then add 1 1/2 cups of water, and one vegetable bouillon cube. Add a pinch of basil and a pinch of oregano. Then bring to a boil. Serve with a tasty baguette. Bon Appetite!

Comments

there is no better soup than tomato soup - i love it!!!
Jodi said…
the new work is incredible. Had my 1st certifying birth on Friday 1:47 am. it was a 33hr induced birth. long and inspiring. thanks for asking. hope you guys are well. loving the recipes and love that they asked for your story about you and roman. yay!
PigletinFrance said…
Tomato soup is my favourite! Hopefully my garden will yield enough tomatoes to enable me to try out this recipe - I'll let you know if so!
Melly Mel said…
this sounds super good. i'll try it. thanks!!!
Arctic Mum said…
I love homemade tomato soup too, but usually I make it homemade from cans instead of fresh tomatoes. It's such a treat, sometimes I add meat balls or egg. A family favourite!

Popular Posts