Einen Guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2010!

Ein Guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2010! I love how Germans say Happy New Year; however, it kind of translates to a good scoot into the New Year! I don't know why, but this saying just makes me happy. I hope you all scoot into the New Year will everything that is good to come. We are going to take the next couple of days getting better. It seems that just about everyone is sick here at my house. Frank has pneumonia, and the boys have sinus infections.

We had a fantastic time in Salt Lake! Before we left we visited Temple Square, you can't help but be amazed by the Temple's beauty. Then we went to Heritage Park where Brigham Young declared that this was the place for the Mormons to settle. We watched a nice film about the early settlers and learned more about the Oregon Trail and the Pony Express which my older son is learning about this year in school. We walked around the old time village but didn't get to go into the buildings since it is winter. The attendants said to come back sometime in the summer because that is when everyone dresses up in period costumes. Then we made it back to see the lights at Temple Square while munching on gummy cinnamon bears. Boy was it cold! We listened to the Nativity story and to a choir sing. We are grateful for all the friends we were able to visit. The Burtons -Thanks for the lasagna dinner! Yummy! The Homer and Nielson families. Also the Price family, where we met their new addition to their family Aiden.

Once again wishing you all a very Happy New Year!

Comments

Palmer and Co said…
Looks like you all had a wonderful and beautiful time! Enjoy the rest of your celebrations this week!
Francesca said…
I do hope you all get better in time to celebrate the New Year!
So glad to have finally me tyou in person as well! I hope you all get feeling better!
Much love!
The Nelsons
Tami, Ryan, Dakota, Dallas, Sawyer and Thatch
Company EIGHT said…
Happy New Year to you all! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time in Utah. I'm jealous...it made me homesick!
Happy New Year to you, too! Great pics.
Joyce said…
Happy New Year to you too my friend. May it bring only the best! Love all the photos everyone looks like they had a grand time. xo
adgasdg said…
Super photos girl!

Popular Posts