I Heart Snickerdoodles!

I think Snickerdoodles are way overshadowed by the beloved Chocolate Chip Cookie. Don't get me wrong, I love Chocolate Chip cookies too and there is nothing like that buttery brown sugar taste with yummy bits of chocolate, but Snickerdoodles have cinnamon and sugar. They remind me of my childhood when mornings started by eating buttered cinnamon toast for breakfast.

Snickerdoodles
1 1/3 cup of flour
1 teaspoon of cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/8 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 egg

Cinnamon Sugar
1/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Combine in a bowl: butter, sugar, and egg then add dry ingredients. Roll dough in a ball or use a very small ice cream scoop then roll in cinnamon sugar and place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until light golden brown.

Comments

Melinda said…
These were the first cookies I learned to cook--I love them and they are Matt's favorite!

Popular Posts